Here are a few words from the designer about creating this beauty:
I was inspired by a floral oil cloth bag that dug out of the closet the other day to try to create the same effect on a card… so here it is. Its is hard to see the shine from the front photo so I sent a detail that illustrates how it looks. Here are the instructions for creating it:)
2) Cut floral patterned paper slightly smaller that yellow dot paper. Distress edges with Antique Linen Distress Paint & allow to dry.
3) Cover entire surface of floral patterned paper with a layer of Diamond Glaze & allow to dry. Sew piece to face of card with a messy double zig zag stitch.
4) Add horizontal kraft band to face of card. Make sentiment banner, painting edges with Antique Linen Distress Paint and adhere to card with dimensional adhesive.
5) To make flowers, cut patterned paper circles with Spellbinders Nestabilities Circles in desired sizes. Cut 3 sets of three circles in descending sizes. Cut petals with scissors (see below). Fold and add Distress Paint to create dimension. Layer circles to create flowers and adhere sequins to center with Diamond Glaze.
6) Cut/emboss kraft cardstock leaves with Spellbinders Foliage. Layer and adhere leaves and flowers on card.
Thanks for reading today! Thanks also to guest artist, Windy!
SUBSCRIBE TO: This Blog | Our Newsletter
WE'RE SOCIAL: Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | LinkedIn | Pinterest | Google+
TAKE THE CHALLENGE: Simon Says Stamp Challenge! | Vintage Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge