Pages

▼

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Copic vs. Spectrum Noir: The Battle of the Markers!

Personally, I love to color.  It's therapeutic for me, plus if the markers do what you want them to, you end up with a work of art!  Sounds like a win-win situation, but how do you know what markers to use?  Copic?  Spectrum Noir?  Both are alcohol based, but what's the difference brand to brand?  Will they smear the ink you use to stamp the image?  Never fear - Danielle Walls is here with some advice!!  : )

Check out the video:



Copic Blending Sets:


Leave a comment and join our following for a chance to win this exclusive, not for retail Hero Arts Stamp Set!  Great to use with markers!!

-Sarah
SarahN@SimonSaysStamp.com
*Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter!
*Like Simon Says Stamp on Facebook
*Enter the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!
*Subscribe to our Blog!
*Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter!
*Subscribe to us on Youtube
*Follow us on Pinterest!

100 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info! I have quite a few Copics and love them. Have not tried the Spectrum Noir pens yet.
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comparison! Also, thanks for a chance to win that GORGEOUS stamp set! It would be so appropriate for my family! we love woodgrains so much--hubby is a woodturner!!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow great video...I had not seen the Spectrum markers in use before...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't gotten into the markers ring, yet. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the info....I've a lot of Copics and no experiece yet with the Spectrum Noirs...
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comparison. Spectrum markers are new to me.
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for sharing the markers comparison..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome, I've been wondering about the Spectrums!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great video, thanks!!! and thanks for the chance too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great video, thanks for information!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks sooo much for a really great demonstration here, it was very informative, that´s for sure, and makes one considder once again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very useful & thorough comparison. I have both & find the lids of the Spectrums very very difficult.
    They are a very good starter Marker as you say.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very informative video. Hope you do a similar video comparing copics and promarkers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I prefer copics myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great video, very informative. I am very slowly growing my collection of Copics.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great video to show the comparison...thanks for sharing and also the chance to win the stamp set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks, Danielle for the great informational video! I did not that there are other alcohol based markers other than Copic and Promarker. Thanks for introducing Spectrum Noir.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for doing to comparison--very helpful information. Cool stamp set, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the wonderful comparison video. It helps for the online shoppers like me, who doesnt have access to these supplies near by.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great video! Markers is something I've been pondering investing in, and this is really helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the informative video. And what a lovely set of stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very helpful info! Thanks for the detailed review:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. very useful information. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great info - thanks so much! Thanks also for the chance to win wonderful HA stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  25. really helpful - how about faber castell big brush or gelatos? i know gelatos are pigment, but I'd love to hear about these, too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The video was very helpful and easy to understand how the markers work. I'm not coloring person usually but want to try Spectrum Noir's markers someday because they are affordable! I think it's good item for the beginners like me. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great vid and info. I love to color but the price on the Copics has kept me from trying marker coloring. I may try a set of the Noir pens just to get my feet wet.

    ReplyDelete
  29. this was very helpful...thanks so much. I don't have either markers but have been toying with the idea of buying a few to try out. I do most of my coloring with prismacolor pencils & mineral spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for the video, very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a fantastic video! thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This video, which is very informative, thank you, came at the perfect time as my sister in South Africa is wanting some alcohol markers but not wanting to pay the price for Copics.

    ReplyDelete
  33. great info, thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  34. I haven't tried either COpic or Spectrum markers so this was really informative. I love coloring my stamped images, but Copics are so expensive that I've passed for now!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for posting that comparison video. Very informative.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Very informative--thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great video-thanks for the information!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I have not seen Spectrum Noirs here as yet so was great to see the video. Thanks for the chance to win thestamp set

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks for this informative video! I was not familiar with Spectrum
    Noir markers and found the comparison to be helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thanks for the great video. I'm teetering on the edge, I want to jump...I guess I need to figure out how serious I am. :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. I recently won some Spectrum Noirs and I love them as much as my Copics!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Great video and very informative. I have just started to dabble in Spectrum Noirs as I did find them more affordable than copics.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  43. Thanks for the great video !! Very good info, and I love that there is a less expensive option available now, that still gives great coloring results!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love this comparison video! Answered a lot of my questions!

    ReplyDelete
  45. the markers are so amazing! love them both -- just out of my price range for now. but if i do get into them -- definitely going with promarkers :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Thanks for the comparison, it is really great to have a detailed video.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I have one set of the Spectrum Noir and plan to get more in the future....Good price point for me and serves my needs...tfs

    ReplyDelete
  48. Good review,enjoyed it, but we did not get the difference in price.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Thank you for taking your time to make this review and share with us! Very interesting indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  50. thanks for sharing there is a lot of talk about these new markers good and bad!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Thank for the great video and the info about markers. Thank you also for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Thanks for the video and information!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Thanks for the info about the markers, and the chance to win the Hero Arts Stamp Set.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Thank you for the video and helping customers make a decision on the two types of markers.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Thanks for a very good and detailed review! I had to admit, that I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Copics, however -- if I had such a good alternative when I first starting buying my collection, I would have definitely started with the Noirs, especially at the current price point. My Copics were not as pricey, as I started my collection about 2 years back, and before the last couple of price increases.

    For now...I'm sticking with what I love, but if I were starting all over, and/or on a tighter budget, I think I would start with the Noirs and maybe fill in some of the colors they don't have with Copics.

    It will be interesting to see how they hold up and how much they charge for their refills etc.!!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Thank you so much for this detailed comparison. I have been dithering over buying Copics for ages because they are pricey and it's a big chunk of my budget to get enough to make it a worthwhile exercise. Now I think I will start with the Spectrum Noirs to see how I get on with them (as opposed to my current water based markers)and then possibly move up to the Copics later.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Great job comparing these markers. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Interesting! I have not started a collection of alcohol based markers yet so it it neat to see the different brands to try. I love this stamp set, one of my favorites that I have seen. Thanks for sharing!

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Oh I am craving to get my hands on some of these markers. I have seen so many projects with them and they work great. One day I will.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Neat video with some very useful info! One thing that was compared between the markers is the price. While the Copics are much more pricey, it is refillable. I'm not sure if that's the same with the Spectrum Noir Markers. Just thinking of the investment in the long terms.

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  61. This is a fantastic video.I don't have any alcohol markers so I really learned a lot.thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Thanks for the info...really looking forward to investing in copics though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Fabulous video! I really appreciated the comprehensive comparison of the two products. Since I already have invested in 86 Copics, I'm pretty sure I'll continue to collect the various colours. I would have been wondering about the Noir markers though. Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Thanks for the video. I am a Copic girl, though. Already invested so I think I will just stick with them. Love the stamp set!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  65. thanks for this video. Alcohol markers are in my wish list...

    ReplyDelete
  66. Thanks Danielle! I've always wondered how the Spectrum Noir's coloured, think I might try a set (the price is right!!)

    ReplyDelete
  67. Thanks for the info! Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  68. Thanks for the great info! I hadn't seen these new markers before.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Great video, very informative! TFS =)

    ReplyDelete
  70. I love my copics, thanks for the change to win this amazing stamp set. :)

    ReplyDelete
  71. Thanks for all the info! Great video!
    Thanks for sharing with us

    ReplyDelete
  72. Thank you for a very informative video. I wondered about the difference between the two products and you answered all the questions I had about them.

    ReplyDelete
  73. WOW WHAT A FAB VIDEO THANKS FOR SHARING XX

    ReplyDelete
  74. Oh my gosh! Love that stamp set! I also love the fabercastell big brush pens!

    ReplyDelete
  75. Thanks for the video. I have quite a few copic markers and love them. But now I'll have to try out a few of those Spectrum Noirs.

    ReplyDelete
  76. What a great video! Thanks so much for sharing! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  77. Wow, lots of info! I haven't dove into alcohol markers yet, but this is great information about them! I'm looking forward to receiving my distress markers, so I'll be playing with them first. Gotta get a base knowledge, right? ;-) Thanks for sharing and the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  78. Great video. Thanks for all the info on the noirs and copics.

    ReplyDelete
  79. Thank you for the information! Thanks for the chance to win as well!

    ReplyDelete
  80. i didnt even know another brand was out there! the main concern for me is the cost. i refuse to buy a single copic because i know ill get addicted and empty my bank account!

    -rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  81. I wasn't even aware of Spectrum Noir, so thanks for the info (and that stamp set is super cute, too!)

    - Bridget N.

    ReplyDelete
  82. I think it would be nice to try a lower priced mrker to get my feet wet instead of the big price of the Copics. I did get one set of cpics and I wish I would have seen this first, because the copic set is of rainbow colors and they are useless to me and I didn't know I should buy color sets. Thanks for sharing your knowledge! *denise*

    ReplyDelete
  83. i have some copics and i'm happy with them. however, i'm completely opent o try the cheaper ones as well. the only thing that might take time getting used to is the different tip (chisel vs brush). thank you for very informative video!

    ReplyDelete
  84. Oh oh... another kind of marker to covet!

    ReplyDelete
  85. Thanks for the video..... I use Promarkers and Flexmarkers. I have never tried the copics or the spectrum noir.
    Hugs, Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  86. I am addicted to copics, but these look fun too! Thanks for a chance to win some great stamps x x

    ReplyDelete
  87. Thank you for the information. I had been curious about the spectrum noir because of the price but after watching I will stick with my copics. Just love the brush tip and can't give that up!

    ReplyDelete
  88. i don't have any alcohol markers but the spectrum noir look good. i like the idea of a brush tip on the copics, but since i don't have any copics to compare them to, the chisel tip on the spectrum noir might do. and since they're cheaper... ;-)
    thanks for the comparison and for the op to win some awesome stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  89. YEAH!! THANKS for the video and for the chance to win!! =)
    Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  90. Thank you for the video. Great stamp set! Thanks for thinking of us!

    ReplyDelete
  91. Thanks for the chance to win! Great markers - would love to get some.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting our Simon Says Stamp blog! We work hard to update it daily and provide lots of ideas and current events. We appreciate the time you take to leave a comment! It makes us feel like someone is listening ;)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.