May Flaum here, back with more on the amazing distress paints! I have been having a lot of fun with these amazing paints, and I love that from simple to complex, big and bold to subtle, they really work on a wide variety of projects. To really share how they work and my tips for working with them I've made a video to share with you today:
After making that video I was inspired to gather wood, paper, fabric, and metal to create a project using distress paint on every part of it:
1. Blend sapphire and sage distress paints to create the background. Then stamp (with sage) flourishes onto the tag.
2. Adhere a foil sheet to cardstock, then die cut flowers. Emboss these in texture fade and paint with Victorian velvet distress paint. Accent with peeled paint distress paint if desired. Once dry, sand off some so that a bit of metal shows through.
3. For the wood '27' paint the inside with sage, then paint the raised part with sapphire distress paint.
4. Paint the fabric (at the top) with sage distress paint, allow to dry.
5. Assemble the tag and add word stickers, and stamp a bit with archival ink at the edges to finish.
With so many applications, you can bet that distress paints will be a big part of my crafting now! I love the option of having more opaque distress colors that will work (and show up on) even more surfaces than ever before.
Shop the Distress Paints here:
Blog Candy Alert! Join our following and comment on this blog for a chance to win a surprise blog candy!
From: Lawn Fawn Grand New Release Day!!: Laura Turcotte! Please email Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com with your address and the name of the blog you won from to claim your prize!
SUBSCRIBE TO: This Blog | Our Newsletter
WE'RE SOCIAL: Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | LinkedIn | Pinterest | Google+
TAKE THE CHALLENGE: Simon Says Stamp Challenge! | Vintage Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge