Kathy Racoosin as a guest on our blog! She is not only a phenomenal artist and color-er EXTRAORDINAIRE, but a sweetheart who is a lot of fun!
Without further ado, Here are 2 beauties that will surely have you grabbing for Copics or your favorite markers! Kathy gives a few pointers on how she made these great cards below:
I love Hero Arts inks not just because the colors are beautiful and crisp but, they last forever. My inks have lasted years without re-inking.
- Start out with your darkest color in this case BG49.
- Take a light color to color on top of the dark color to blend and soften the darker color.
- Now you want to add a bit more of the darker color again on the base of the stems and leaves.
- I wanted to make this bloom look more like some pods for a darker contrast on my card. Use any light and dark browns. I also used a brown to color the stems on the flowers.
- Feather in a darker pink and use "0" (colorless blender) to blend the colors on the petals. (There are many ways to blend and this is one of them. I don't always use this technique)
- Add some white gel pen dots to the open part of the blooms on the flowers. Cut around the black and use some pop dots on some of the blooms to layer on your card. Stamp on the vellum with Ranger Jet Black Ink. Be sure to let the ink dry. Score the vellum wrapping the vellum around the back of the card. Tape onto the back.
Shop the supplies:
Thanks for reading today and thanks so much to Kathy for these fabulous inspirations!
Blog Candy Alert! Join our following and comment on this post for a chance to win a special blog candy!
SUBSCRIBE TO: This Blog | Our Newsletter
WE'RE SOCIAL: Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | LinkedIn | Pinterest | Google+
TAKE THE CHALLENGE: Simon Says Stamp Challenge! | Vintage Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge